Balanced Nutrition = Eating a clean, nourishing diet in line with your health and fitness goals
And it shouldn't have to suck.
You don't need smoothie bowls to feel fantastic.
Keep it simple, get creative, and remember a few key nuggets:
- Whole foods are your friends.
- Aim for a balance of macronutrients (protein, fat, carbohydrates), micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), and water.
- Limit processed foods and sugar.
- How Much:
- Eat until satisfied--without stuffing or restricting.
- Understand basic portions and how to use them to your advantage.
- Space meals throughout the day--to avoid deprivation or overeating, to keep fuel in the tank and blood sugar stable, and to keep digestion well-regulated.
- Make the most of your daily schedule and routine
- Eat mindfully: Step back from "automatic pilot".
- For crying out loud, learn how to listen to your body!
- Why (or "The Psychology"):
- Think about why you eat what/how much/when/how you eat.
- Learn how to separate food from emotions.
- Be curious about the influence of social persuasion, triggers, and motivation for food choices.
SO WHAT DOES "CREATIVE NUTRITION" MEAN?
- Making a little time to prepare and plan ahead, but also having a game plan that you enjoy for reality.
- Understanding general guidelines, understanding that no one size fits all, and trying different things to figure out what works for you.
- Eating very well most of the time, leaving some room for pure enjoyment: Think 80/20.
Nutrition leads to feeling more awesome in all areas of life:
- Improved energy, mood, and body composition
- Less pain
- More self-confidence
- Less "hangriness" due to food deprivation
...centers around simple, easy, and realistic ways to keep nutrition in the back of your mind. I get it: Life is chaos, and, for crying out loud, how to do "eat healthy" in a sustainable way?!
No fad diets here. You are building a healthier lifestyle, your way.
And I'm here to help.